WesTower provided connectivity for three northern diamond mines using a microwave system across multiple sites and tower installations.
Via Prelude, Brown, Courageous, McKay, Snap Lake, Ekati, Gaucho Kue, Anarin Lake and Paterson Lake to Diavik and DeBeers
WesTower built and installed a microwave system between Yellowknife NT and three northern diamond mines via Prelude, Brown, Courageous, McKay, Snap Lake, Ekati, Gaucho Kue, Anarin Lake, and Paterson Lake to Diavik, and De Beers.
• Assist in site selection (3 repeater sites).
• Design, 7 guyed towers, 11 shelters, foundations, and 4 power plants.
• A two-year project with foundations installed in 2006/7.
• Materials transported on Ice road and airlifted to site from frozen lakes.
• Install Foundation in 2006.
• Install towers, shelters, power and fuel system and turn up in 2007.
• All sites were accessed by ice road or helicopter.
• The project came in ahead of schedule.
• The system was extended in 2016 with another guyed tower and 1 self-support.